Monday, November 2, 2009

James Bond is Sad

JAMES BOND HAS SUCCUMBED TO DEPRESSION
Shooting Draft 4

INT. TORTURE CHAMBER- NIGHT

JAMES BOND awakens, still woozy from the knock out drops and looks around. He does not recognize the room around him, a posh well decorated living room set. James jumps on guard. It almost looks too normal; except for the P.A. system coming out of the wall.

JAMES
Goddamit Goldfinger. I don't have time for this.

GOLDFINGER (over PA)
Ah, but I think you do Mr. Bond. You've taken a royal poop all over my plans for a good long time now, and I say now its my turn to play with you. Look under the chair Mr. Bond.

James Bond nervously looks around the room.

GOLDFINGER
I say you best do it Mr. Bond, one wrong move and the entire room may simply self destruct. Now be a good old boy and look under the chair.

James Bond looks under the chair and removes a cake.

GOLDFINGER
Ahahahaha. Very good.

JAMES BOND
Its a cake. What's your game Goldfinger?!

GOLDFINGER
I will tell you when you eat the cake Mr. Bond.

JAMES BOND
I would never.

GOLDFINGER
Eat the cake.

JAMES BOND
Never!

GOLDFINGER
Eat the cake Mr. Bond! EAT IT!

JAMES BOND
Stop shouting! It gets us nowhere and makes me stressed!

GOLDFINGER
Eat the cake or both the room and Britain get blown sky high!

James Bond takes a little bite out of the cake.

GOLDFINGER
Now eat the cake. Good. Good. Eat the whole thing.

James Bond is sloppily eating it with his hands.

GOLDFINGER
Oh yes! Oh God yes!

JAMES BOND
Are you pleasuring yourself?

GOLDFINGER
Eat the cake dammit! Ohhhh, oh yes!

James finishes eating the cake.

GOLDFINGER
Now how did that feel!?

JAMES BOND
Well, I feel pretty shitty. Like a fat piece of shit. I feel like a fat piece of shit, Goldfinger.

GOLDFINGER
Lie down Mr. Bond and turn on the TV.

Bond sighs to himself and lies down on the couch.

BOND
I don't know what your game is...

GOLDFINGER
I'll do it for you!

A series of irritating static noises occur. These noises make Bond grow quietly sadder and whine to himself a little. The TV turns to THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES.

BOND
Fine. Whatever. Grumpf. I'm such a fat fucking piece of shit anyway who gives a fuck.

GOLDFINGER
I have the plans Mr. Bond. Would you like to get them back?

BOND
Yeah. I guess I should. Whatever.

James Bond doesn't leave the couch. He sighs dejectedly and continues to watch TV.

JAMES BOND
All those girls I slept with. Do you think any of them loved me?

Long pause. The sound of the Hillbillies plays in the silence. A shitty joke is followed by empty laugh track laughter.

JAMES BOND
Yeah. You know, I guess not. Sigh.

Beat.

JAMES BOND
I guess I could masturbate. Whatever.

Beat. James Bond falls asleep.

GOLDFINGER
Good, Mr. Bond, Good. I have given you depression!

Goldfinger cackles viciously as James Bond falls into a deeper sleep.

FADE OUT:

No comments:

Post a Comment